Oleg Correa

Think - Thinking - Thought

Assignment 3: Core Multimedia Skills

Original Infographic

Updated Infographic

Updating Prosses

Background:

Originally this infographic was created as a selling point for a system we going to create for our Health Informatics class called “Rubber D.U.K.C” (Data Utility Knowledge Centre). The infographic was presented in class over zoom call.

Concerns:

One of the first concerns I had with my presentation was the viewing portion, as we had to present as a PDF document we were not able to properly zoom in onto sections that were too small to see. Additionally due to spacing we had to go back and forth on the poster’s sections which made the content difficult to follow which created a Cognitive Overload. Finally I believe we should be more interactive and accessible to the users especially when we are trying to get input on changes and suggestions that need to be implemented. 

Updates:

To start, instead of using Canva I used Figma to recreate my infographic. This was due to its accessibility features for viewers to interact with the presentation. Secondly, as Figma offers a significant amount of more resources in the free version, it allowed me to do better space as segment portions of the presentation. To address the Cognitive Overload I separated the infographic into distinct sections of “Background”, “Issues & Goals”, and “Our Solution”. Additionally Figma allows viewers and presenters to seamlessly zoom in on parts of the presentation making the content clearer. The Figma software also allows for users to leave comments in a form of sticky notes allowing for a more interactive environment. Finally, during the presentation there were times where we asked the audience to answer a couple questions, which was quite difficult to control over a zoom call. With the use of sticky notes, the presentation has gained a form of Gamification as within a second it can be split into an interactive environment on the side where the audience provides us with answers into specific categories. This provides us with an understanding of how much they currently know, and engages the audience to pay attention to things they might have not known.   

Conclusion:

Over the past 3 years we have been doing more and more classes and lectures on virtual platforms. It has become more and more important to have an interactive presentation that does not require viewers to use a camera or microphone to provide input (as individuals might have a living environment that they do not want to share). This updated infographic provides the audience and presenters with an opportunity for greater participation while maintaining a decently accessible environment. Figma also allows us to create interactive prototypes, allowing us in the future to use similar principles to create a living prototype of our presentation that viewers can interact with freely.