Oleg Correa

Think - Thinking - Thought

Blog #7: Fire is Fun

In this last blog post I would like to share some of my favorite photos.

Some background information, I LOVE FIRE!

Let me walk you though some of this chaos starting from top right.

First, and I guess second image are both unedited photos taken with the google Pixel 6 night camera mode. The purpose of this photo is to capture as much light as possible from the spark to outline only me, creating a very dark backdrop for my background.

Third is my contrast image. As the camera was really close up it does not leave much room for dark lighting, however it does create an amazing contrast of the three colors. My favorite part of the image, is that the sparks are not only the source of light in this image but it acts as almost a cohesive, connecting the three colors into an encompassing scene.

Fourth is my moving photo. This unlike the past 3 required editing. As the camera was capturing multiple glow points it was difficult to obtain a raw image with light coming only from the sparks. Main edits were decreasing brightness (lower the over light), increasing contrast (make the brightest points pop), shadows (create a shadow affect over everything that is not sparks), and white point (increase the center of spark light). All of this was done with the built in edit functions of my phone.

Last image was a combination of the first two and my forth image. Same principles were used from both pictures. Although the backdrop could not be achieved from an up-close image such as this. Similar editing as in the image above allowed me to create the desired black void.

This has been an amazing class with lots of excitement and creativity.

Thank you and have a great rest of the summer!