Oleg Correa

Think - Thinking - Thought

Blog: Peer Review

Operant Conditioning

This is a very interesting resources that I hopefully get to experience as I have absolutely zero music knowledge stored. Frist of all I like the interactive approach these group has chosen. Something so complex should definitely be taught direct and individual.

Choosing behaviorism as a learning theory is a very smart choice. As I imagine best ways to teach this material is visually witnessing how the learners are performing and in what state. I imagine if this was not done direct, learners would just complete the resource and forget about it. But rather your method focuses on providing an experience that get’s etched into the person. Providing feedback on a complex task is a crucial step in enjoying what you are learning especially as a beginner.

When looking and the learning outcomes it provides with a very good foundation. Personally for me there seems to be a bit of repetition, or rather some points being split into two separate outcomes. Which could be done to lessen the complexity of single outcome. If I were to suggest something, it would be to have a learning outcome directly reflect on some of the activities as the learners as are going through them. Currently I can see a learner getting a bit overwhelmed by trying to successfully perform the task and learning the theories of it at the same time. However if the outcomes come naturally as the activities are being complete then there are no need for changes.

For the activities I like how there is a clear thought behind time constraints like the multiple choice quiz, as a well as videos that can be fast-forwarded or rewound. All of the activities seem to be manageable and attainable. A couple of questions rise when looking at the activities. One suggestion would be to add a potential partner/group activity as those tend to work best when learning material as it enables learners to explain the material in their own format to other peers. Additionally I was wondering if there are opportunities for discussion for the material provided for example after an assignment to create a more inclusive environment? It is very thorough and outlined with lots of opportunities for feedback. The assessment plan is really thorough with perfect deadlines and descriptions through out. One question came to mind in terms of completion of the tasks by deadline and quiz/assignment participation. If the single parents, who presumably have other things to take care of like kinds and work miss quiz assignment, are they given supplementary task? Overall sounds like a very thought out resource with lots of planning and options that support a variety of learning forms.